This blog describes the IELTS exam tips and tricks and includes what we should do before the next exam day and during the exam day. These tips and tricks guide you to deliver your best in the exam.
The Night before the Exam Date
To maintain yourself strong and energetic during the exam:
- Obtain enough sleep the night before.
- Never stay up late that night because you will feel dizzy, and your performance will suffer. You will feel sluggish and sleepy during the exam if you are late to bed the night before the exam.
- Don’t dwell on the exam; instead, convince yourself that you have prepared well and obtained your desired score.
- Relax and keep a cheerful mindset.
The night before the exam, you should get 8 hours of sleep. However, don’t oversleep because it will affect your performance. Keep everything organized, including the items you’ll bring to the exam and the clothes you’ll most likely wear for the exam.
- If possible, clean yourself properly or take a bath.
- Eat a light breakfast like you usually do. Before you leave the house, go to the bathroom.
- Wear comfortable clothing that is appropriate for the weather and exam location. Because you are not attending a job interview, you should wear something you enjoy and ease.
- Double-check that you know where the exam will going on. If you’re taking the exam in a city where you do not have to go, be sure you know how to get to your testing location.
- Make sure you have your identification card or passport, as well as pens, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, and any other materials you’ll need for the exam.
- For the listening and reading sections, you can only use pencils. So, don’t forget to bring along some sharpened pencils, a pencil sharpener, and a nice eraser. Keep track of the amount of time you have to spend on each question.
It’s also a good idea to avoid bringing the following objects to the exam room unless they’re essential:
- Examples are mobile phones, smartwatches, tabloid PCs, calculators, pagers, and other digital devices. (They must be shut off and kept outside the exam room even if you take them for personal reasons.)
During the Exam:
During the exam, time is of the essence. So don’t waste a single second of the test. If you don’t, your overall performance and band score will suffer. It would be best if you used the restroom before the exam began. It’s possible that you won’t use the bathroom during the exam.
If a problem arises, only speak with the exam supervisor/invigilator. If you believe you were not handed the correct question paper, or if the question paper is incomplete or illegible, inform the test supervisor/invigilator.
You are not permitted to lend or borrow from another candidate. As a result, do not attempt this. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind during your exam:
Start to panic in the exam room. It will have a detrimental impact on your overall test performance and your result/band score. As a result, learn to unwind. Why should you be concerned? You’ve done your homework and are ready to take the test. Take a few deep breaths after a few leisurely breaths, allowing your shoulders to drop in a relaxed manner as you exhale. Relax, because you’re going to succeed.
A strong start is critical since research suggests that test-takers who get off to a good start do better on the rest of the exam.
Concentrate on the questions:
Examine the questions and respond to them. Your sole focus should be answering questions and finishing the exam on time. Do not attempt to converse with another candidate as this may result in severe consequences such as expulsion, in which case the exam authority may withhold your test result.
If you can’t answer a question during the test, don’t waste time on it. Move on to the next question and attempt to respond to it. Do not consider your situation, the test as a whole, your score, or your future. Concentrate solely on the exam and nothing else. If you notice your attention wandering to somewhere or something else, force yourself to return to the exam and concentrate.
In the IELTS Listening and Reading assessments, you will not be penalized for incorrect answers. So go ahead and answer all of the questions. Unlike some other standardized tests, IELTS does not contain negative markings for wrong answers.
You are NOT permitted to take any breaks:
There are no breaks between the various test sections, and it is not recommended to waste time in the middle of the test. As a result, going to the restroom before entering the examination hall is a good idea.
Never even consider cheating! If a candidate is caught cheating in any way (which they are likely to be if they cheat), the candidate will be expelled. Even conversing with a candidate who sits next to you is not permitted. You must follow the rules imposed by the exam authority. For example, if you cannot wear a smartwatch, do not attempt to do so.
Keep a positive attitude:
As a result, you must cultivate positive thought patterns. Remember that you have prepared well and will pass the exam to help you develop a positive attitude. Never allow negative thoughts to enter your mind, let alone overwhelm you.
- Academic reading tips 2022
- Here is what you should do for your preparation tips for IELTS academic writing 2022
- Preparation Tips for IELTS General Training Writing | GT writing 2022
- Seven Ways to Improve Your IELTS Listening Score 2022
- IELTS Speaking test: tips from Experts 2022
- IELTS Preparation Tips